Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The one where CiAnna officially has Cancer 4/6/10


4/6/10

I received my official diagnosis today of Hodgkin's. Giddy up. I'm headed to see my oncologist tomorrow to get my next steps scheduled including a PET scan, a bone marrow biopsy, and talk about the port surgery. Not thrilled about any of that, but hey, it is what it is. I wasn't shocked when my doctor told me today, as he told me initially a month ago that's what he thought it was. So i've been living for a month knowing I had cancer. But earlier today I had a mini breakdown. I guess I can only laugh about it so much until it hits home and I realize I'm getting ready to go through a lot of not fun chemo and possible radiation.

On another note, I took my boxer dog Wrigley to the vet today because he's been limping on his back leg for about a week. The vet says he has an inflammed knee and should stay off of it for about 4 or 5 days. Yeah, easier said than done. He's almost 2 years old, full of energy and has 3 other dogs to play with here at my parents house. So this week will be a challenge with him, but he's my baby and I love him soooo much! He knows mamma has been sick and he's been really comforting to me the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment